Compass Group Ireland is a verified member of Bord Bia’s Origin Green Sustainability Programme, emphasising its commitment to sustainability in the Irish food service sector
As a company that has been serving Ireland since 1987 we are rooted in this land and, as we face the challenges of the future, we are more committed than ever to playing our part in creating one that is sustainable and positive for us all.
We are proud to work in partnership with some of the greatest Irish and global brands.
We work closely with 220 Irish producers and suppliers, both large and artisanal, and spend in excess of €50million a year on Irish produce and supplies.
It is a privilege to work in partnership with customers and suppliers who are equally committed to creating a positive impact, both societal and environmental.
We believe the synergies we collectively create have the power to transform the future of this land.
We are proud to be an Origin Green accredited business and have made firm commitments to our society through this programme to 2020.
Our Key Sustainability Commitments are :
- Source at least 60% of our Irish ingredients from Origin Green verified members by 2020
- 100% of tea and coffee to be ethically sourced by 2020
- Buy 100% ethically sourced bananas by 2020
- To work to have our soy suppliers producing sustainably by 2025
- Remove palm oil from our supply chain for cooking and baking by end 2017
- Reduce food waste by 10% by 2020
- Reduce oil use in our kitchens by 10% by 2020
- Reduce CO2 Emissions from transportation by 15% by 2020
- Reduce water and energy use in our kitchens by 10% by 2020
These are complemented by our Sustainability Commitments:
- To have 50% female new hires/appointments in our chef workforce by 2020
- Increase % of chef population to be City & Guild Certified (or equivalent qualification) by 2020
- Continue engagement with our existing charity partners
Compass Group Ireland is a business that cares and we as a team have a shared commitment to do more to benefit our communities with a clarity of purpose and sense of responsibility.
As we continue to grow and expand we will be empowered to do more good.
We are proud of our achievements to date, confident about the journey we are charting and the bold goals we have set ourselves into the future.
Read more about how we live up to our environmental responsibilities.
Find out the full details of Board Bia’s Origin Green programme