M&H&C 100M Trees Ad


100 Million Trees Project at Fairyhouse Racecourse

As part of our sustainability policy, Levy Ireland, a subsidiary of Compass UK & Ireland, has committed to a climate net zero target by 2027 through 80% of carbon emissions decarbonised and the remaining 20% of carbon emissions neutralised through high quality carbon projects in the UK & Ireland.

We take great pride in our team members at Levy Ireland, especially for their remarkable contribution to the community. On November 22, 2023, our team members, along with those from Fairyhouse Racecourse and Horse Racing Ireland, united for the noble cause of the 100 Million Trees Project. Together, we planted 2000 native trees across an expansive 8,000 square foot area, symbolising our commitment to environmental stewardship and community engagement.

Fairyhouse Racecourse is one of Ireland’s premier horse racing venues. Situated in the parish of Ratoath in County Meath. It is the home of the BoyleSports Irish Grand National.

The 100 Million Trees Project is an initiative developed by brothers Richard and David Mulcahy with the goal of reversing environmental damage caused by the reduction of forests worldwide, as well as bringing back biodiversity, improving soil health and renewing carbon.

As part of our sustainability policy, Levy Ireland has committed to a climate net zero target by 2027 through 80% of carbon emissions decarbonised and the remaining 20% of carbon emissions neutralised through high quality carbon projects in the UK & Ireland.

Peter Roe, General Manager, Fairyhouse Racecourse:

Fairyhouse is delighted to have the opportunity to partner with Levy Ireland and the '100 Million Trees Project', in this exciting venture. Sustainability has become a focus for everyone, and this is particularly the case for Fairyhouse. We have selected a site overlooking the second last fence, to ensure this initiative will always be front and centre as we strive to lower our carbon footprint.

David Mulcahy MD FRCPI FESC, 100 million Trees Project co-founder:

We at the million-trees project are delighted to have the opportunity to plant a 2500 native Irish tree mini forest at the wonderful Fairyhouse Racecourse with the kind sponsorship of Levy Ireland. The mini forest will consist of 13 different native tree species, and hopefully will stand for many decades (and beyond) as a small contribution towards looking after our wonderful but under threat natural world.”

Victor Quinlan, Capital Projects and Environmental Sustainability Lead, HRI:

“HRI is investing time and resources in building strong sustainability foundations within our organisation, with a complete sustainability strategy to be launched in early December. Our vision is to drive and support the industry to become a recognised leader in sustainability. The ‘100 Million Trees Project’ is a great initiative, enhancing biodiversity at our racecourses and we hope that Fairyhouse will be the first of many racecourses to participate in this project.”

Jon Davies, Managing Director, Levy UK & Ireland:

“At Levy, we are 100% committed to doing what we can to limit the impact of our operations on the health of our planet. The '100 Million Trees Project' is an initiative we are fully behind, planting native Irish trees to help reverse the deforestation that has occurred across most European countries and to provide improved biodiversity and soil health.

Sharon Fitzpatrick, Director, Levy Ireland:

From the very first conversation that I had with Peter Roe about a potential planting site at Fairyhouse Racecourse, it was apparent that the authentic approach that we take towards reducing our carbon footprint and working towards a sustainable future, was as important to Peter and the Fairyhouse Racecourse team as it is t us at Levy Ireland. The synergy in our environmentally conscious mindsets is one of the things makes this partnership such a special one.”

Richard McNamara, General Manager, Levy Ireland Racecourse Division:

“Our sustainability policy at Levy Ireland is one that we take very seriously and being able to lead the charge in partnership with Fairyhouse Racecourse by coming together to plant a forest is another example of the proactive approach that we continually take. The 100 Million Trees Project initiative assists us as we continue to strive towards carbon net zero.”